Our environmental responsibilities
IC Group supports the UN Global Compact’s principles for the environment (principles 7-9). Practically we do this by continuously assessing our environmental challenges and following the overall principle of taking a precautionary approach to environmental challenges. Furthermore, we focus on educating our staff to become even better at identifying where in the supply chain we can take action to reduce our negative impact on the environment and where we can work with our suppliers to facilitate that they, e.g. use environmentally friendly technologies.
IC Group works to promote animal welfare with regards to any materials derived from animals used in our products. We do this by promoting traceability of the materials of animal origin and by promoting animal welfare in dialogue with our suppliers.
- IC Group does not accept merino wool from sheep where mulesing has been used.
- IC Group does not accept down and feathers plucked from live birds. We require a IDFL (International Down and Feather testing Laboratory) for all down and feathers.
- IC Group forbids the use of animals which are on the CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) and the IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) list of endangered species.
- IC Group forbids the use of hides from farms that are located in areas where rainforests have been cut down to make room for farms.
- IC Group does not accept plucking or combing of angora wool from live rabbits but only accepts shearing of angora wool.